Sunday, January 29, 2012

Dreamed a Dream


Man! It has been a busy, crazy week. I want to keep to my goal of posting, though, so I dug through my dream journal and found an interesting dream from 2005. No clue what it means, but it's funny and odd all at the same time.

May 27, 2005
I have the oddest dreams. Last night was a particularly weird/funny one. The dream started out with me, Heather, and some other people getting ready to go to a pool party or the lake to see friends. Next, I'm just at some house (that looked really cool, by the way) and Ivan and I are watching TV, although it may have been Heather. The dream is really fuzzy there. Anyway, the new Willy Wonka movie came on a Hallmark Channel that shows only new movies, but it wasn't Willy Wonka as we know it - it was him at his house. The first thing that can be noticed is that there are scarves everywhere (he apparently loves them) and that all toilet paper he has is black. Later it's revealed that he never gets rid of anything, which is why a multitude of scarves are in the home. A lot of bad stuff starts happening to him, though, and no one can figure out who is behind it. A friend of his asks if he really does keep everything and if there is anything he just discards after use. Mr. Wonka replies that he keeps everything because he grows attached to any object that he comes to own. For some reason he's working with some kind of press while this conversation is going on. I don't know if he's pressing scarves or if it's a press used to make lithographs. The only other thing I remember in the dream is that later, when he mentions that he discards nothing, the "camera" zooms in on two rolls of the black toilet paper. One's lying on its side and the other is standing up, but both are partially gone. I guess the whole time it was the toilet paper doing all the bad stuff because it felt it meant nothing since it was just used and discarded. I don't know. It was weird. I woke up laughing.

I probably had Oreos and milk before bed that night. I have weird dreams whenever I eat them too late, but that hasn't stopped me from eating them. They are delicious! Do you keep a dream journal? Had any odd dreams lately? Please share - I love a good story.

No comments: