Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Labor Day Weekend and Photo Fail

What a fabulous weekend!

Friday
I got to wear my narwhal shirt and converses to work. :-) I love my job. I also listened to Video Games Live and other gaming soundtracks all day, even while I talked to pharmacy faculty about resources and books. You might be surprised by the number of people who love the music I listen to at work who are shocked and a little turned off by the fact that it's from video games. Weird. The college had early dismissal so I was out and running errands for a little bit before I picked Alexander up for some mommy-son time. Even though it's month end Ivan got to come home on time and it made my day even better. Lots of time to hang out with my 2 favorite men.

Saturday
Errands and relaxation.We, of course, started with breakfast date at Chick-fil-a. For anyone north of the perimeter I suggest going to the Hamilton Mill location. Everyone is super nice and the food is always perfect. It makes for a great start to the day. After that we went grocery shopping, cleaned, washed dishes, and finally spent the rest of the day playing and relaxing.

Sunday
We got up early and headed down to Ivan's parents' house. His sister organized getting us all together for the grandparents. It was loads of fun. It's amazing how much busier and noisier their house is with 3 grandchildren playing and running around. I love it! After we had lunch and chatted some more we left for my grandmother's house. My lovely aunt was visiting so it was a super bonus. She is sweet, funny, and a joy to be around. Combine that with being around my grandmother, another aunt, mom, and one of my sisters and you have a a ton of fun. I love being around family. We headed home later that evening and went to bed as soon as we got there.

Monday
Bonus! Chick-fil-a was open for breakfast AND they have hot chocolate. The temperature has been getting down to mid-70s or below so it's definitely hot chocolate time for me. I run a little cold. hehe After that Alexander took a nap, I played some FF13, then we headed to the Ackerman's. I love seeing them and talking to my sweet, sweet goddaughter. She was actually awake for quite some time, but crashed during dinner. It took her less than a minute to fall asleep. We talked the night away with the always entertaining La Sha and Peter and headed home shortly before Alexander's bedtime. What a fantastic way to end the weekend. I can't wait to see them again.

What was the photo fail? Did you see any photos in the post? No? That was the fail. Even though I had my camera with me the whole time I didn't take any pictures. :-( I need to get better at taking pictures at gatherings. Hopefully I'll have pictures to take after the next get together or adventure we have. Until then....

2 comments:

Mrs A said...

Haha I totally photo failed this past weekend too- Lillie's first trip out of the state and I didn't take a single pick- just that video of her making fart sounds with her mouth in the car.

Just Me said...

What is wrong with us? haha Especially with such young children. Live and learn, I suppose. The video of Lillie was super cute, though.