Sunday, January 3, 2010

Studio

Well, maybe not a real one, but one in my bonus room. The far side will still be storage for Alexander's bins of clothes, boxes of books (we very much need to get more bookcases), and my darkroom equipment. The room will be divided though. The bookcases that are already upstairs will go along the wall with one on ecah side coming out from the wall and my room dividers will go between them so that I still have easy access to the back of the room. I'm probably going to hand artwork everywhere and connect it it somehow. Maybe like the first few pics in this blog post from Leanne Ellis. I'll post pictures once everything is complete. It might take a few days. The room stays cool during the winter and I'm an 80 degrees plus girl, so it'll definitely be slow going. Until next time....

"Painting isn’t an aesthetic operation; it’s a form of magic designed as a mediator between this strange hostile world and us, a way of seizing the power by giving form to our terrors as well as our desires." ~Picasso

No comments: