Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Books!

I ordered some books and they were just shipped yesterday and weren't supposed to get here until Saturday. Surprise! They were here today. :-) What did I get, you ask? The first book is called Sew Everything Workshop. It covers the basics and has some projects/patterns to try. Most people know that I cannot use a sewing machine. They hate me. I'm sure it's not any problem on my end, but just in case I ordered the book. I can't wait to start a project. The other book? Singer Upholstery Basics Plus. I think I read about the 1st edition from Jenny at Little Green Notebook. I was going to get that one, but this updated version was the same price and had a few more projects. I think I'm going to ask my mom if I can reupholster one of her old chairs...it is in very, very poor condition.

And I haven't forgotten about my studio. I still have a couple of more weeks of recovery from surgery. I want to talk with the doctor before I do anything. I'm supposed to wait for approval to exercise, so I'll include moving heavy objects with that. I'll keep everyone posted!

“Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.” ~Mahatma Gandhi

No comments: